The alarming facts about domestic violence and sexual assault:
- Nearly 1/3 of American women report being physically or sexually assaulted by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives.
- One 1 in 5 adolescent girls will be physically and/or sexually assaulted in a dating relationship.
- 70% of children of abused women are also physically abused.
- According to the FBI, a woman is beaten in the country every 15 seconds.
- A husband or partner murders a woman in Texas every 2.3 days.
- Nationally, domestic violence kills over 3,000 women each year.
- Nearly, 2,000,000 Texas females have been sexually assaulted.
- Only 18% of victims report sexual assault to law enforcement officials.
At the Crisis Center, we strive to change these statistics by providing safety for the survivors, information for the community and advocacy for all of those who are affected by domestic violence and sexual assault.
You can contact the Crisis Center for more information at (903) 893 – 3909
This web site is funded in part through a grant from the Criminal Justice Division of the Texas Office of the Governor. Neither the Office of the Governor nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse, this web site including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, policies, and any services or tools provided.